Friday, I sold my 40GB PS3 system to one of my co-workers for $200.00-I know, what a friggin deal! It was extremely hard to part ways with him but on the flip side; I purchased his baby sister, the PS3 Slim! I've been so psyched about the two transactions all week and they finally took place.
I purchased my PS3 Slim directly from the Sony Style Store since it's located in the Comcast Center across the street from the job, rather than going to GameStop in the Gallery. So, I thought because of the company that I work for, I'd be able to get the 10% discount they offer us on the console itself, going directly through Sony. I was so wrong.
The price of the PS3 Slim was $299.99 as advertised and I also snagged the 2-year PS3 Service Plan for $49.99 (which replaces the console with new if anything goes wrong). I really tried to push the 10% discount, okay, really I didn't. I knew Sony wouldn't be discounting the pride and joy of the company. Interestingly enough, the manager of the Sony Store I went too, advised me that Sony is actually only making $8.00 off of every PS3 Slim sold?! I find that VERY hard to believe-but who am I to argue the point, but enough of all this debauchery, now the good stuff.
So the PS3 Slim out of box, comes equipped with:
So the PS3 Slim out of box, comes equipped with:
PS3 Slim Console:
2 USB ports
Eject BUTTON
Power BUTTON
LAN connector
HDMI OUT connector
AV MULTI OUT connector
AC IN connector.
2 USB ports
Eject BUTTON
Power BUTTON
LAN connector
HDMI OUT connector
AV MULTI OUT connector
AC IN connector.
AV Cable
AC Power Cord
USB Cable
DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
Quick Start Guide
PS3 Welcome to... disk
Instruction manuals
So, there aren't any additional USB Ports or Memory Card Reader Slots like the 80GB PS3 model. I would have to say that the Slim is probably a 1/3 or almost 1/2 as small as the orignal model PS3 and probably 5 lbs lighter in weight too. The 120GB after the reserve equates to 111GB, still, plenty of HDD. The power supply cord isn't as bulky as the previous models either. Something that I thought would be a given but isn't, is the backwards compatibility for PS2 games. That's an epic fail, but nonetheless, I'll cope. If you are a first time PS3 purchaser and have a HD capable tv, I'd highly recomend a HDMI connector cord from start. A gold plated cord gives the best quality compared to the standard silver.



One day my 40gb will become a beautiful 120gb slim....one day...one day :)
ReplyDelete