Tuesday, September 8, 2009

F.Y.I.: WET Street Date Change

So, I went out to GameStop today, on my lunch break from work, to pick up what I thought was going to be my copy of WET.  Well, I was wrong.  They have apparently moved the street date for this all new, innovative 3rd person shooter from September 8, 2009 to SEPTEMBER 15, 2009.

I downloaded the demo from the PSNetwork this past weekend.  The controls seem pretty simple along with the flow.  I can't really get too deep into it right now, being it was only the demo.  Although, the demo gives you gun action, sword action, acrobatics in slow motion, the "car hopping" and berserker action that will comprise the game.

This game was written by acclaimed writer, Duppy Demetrius, who is best known for his part in the series 24.  I'm really taken by the look and feel of the game.  With the main character being female, toting a pistol and a sword, the retro 70's music and scenes; this game really gave me a feeling of Quentin Tarantino's, Kill Bill Volumes.  Not to say it is or is not based from that, but nonetheless, very nice.

So, rather than wasting the trip to the Gallery during my lunch break; I went ahead and pre-ordered my copy.  I had my co-worker pick me up some food from Burger King while I handled my business in GameStop.

I can't wait for it to actually drop, this is one that I can see becoming a nice franchise-just based off the demo.  Once I own and have played through the story, all may change or it could remain the same or better.  We shall see-I'll follow up with my review for WET, soon.

*Some info for this post was obtained from the Official WET website

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your favorite genres of gaming?

Powered By Blogger