Sunday, September 6, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum

...ahem...
Batman. When I first heard that rocksteady and Eidos announced that they were going to make another Batman video game, I wondered why were they going to resurrect this venture from its grave once again. I'm sure I'm not the only person that wondered this very thing from past experiences with this video game franchise. Every Batman game that has been published prior to August 25, 2009 has been a major disappointment, actually, I think it's safe to say, garbage.
Well, Batman: Arkham Asylum. The graphics, the story, the background, the gadgets, the cut scenes, the Batman just put the franchise back on the map! Following an amazing movie, Dark Knight, this just put the icing on the Batman franchise. This game is very well put together and gives you that feeling of "I can't stop here".
I just finished the game a couple days ago-it took me about 8 days with 2-3 hours a day (except on weekends-possibly all day o_O) on normal setting; but I located all of the Riddler's clues. I'm still going to play through it a second time on the hard difficulty, I want 100% trophies on this one! I'm not going to spoil the experience, but it gives background on so many "characters" from the Batman franchise and you get to experience being Batman with a great slew of weaponry. There is also great download content for the game, especially for us PS3ers-being able to play as the Joker. The challenges that can be unlocked during game play also give an added bonus.
I definitely think this game will be game of the year and would rate it a 9 out of 10, only because I believe there is always room for improvement. This is a must buy. Go get it now!
This is a short article I ran across about a possible sequel?!
Source: Rocksteady Studios Talks Arkham Asylum Sequel
Rocksteady Studios Talks Arkham Asylum Sequel

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Batman Arkham..I've beaten it on normal and now almost on the hardest levels! All the riddles etc...Epic game ...can't wait for the sequel!!!! BTW I am Jason314 on PS3

    ReplyDelete

What are your favorite genres of gaming?

Powered By Blogger