So, after having my PS3 Slim for about 15 days-I was in the middle of playing an intense game of Ultimate Alliance 2 when my the PS3's processor seemed to slow down. I continued to play, of course-it picked back up and everything was back to normal again. I proceeded to play for a couple more hours.
There was a point where the game was about to go into one of the movie cut scenes...my entire tv screen went green! Now, that's the only time that the system actually did that, but on the XMB-when moving around the joystick-the movement would not register, it was stuck. I'd expect every so often, possibly, there would be a second to a two second lag-but only every once in a while; this happened often from day 1 of the purchase until I returned it to Sony Style.
The good thing with the Sony Style store that I go to in the Comcast Center, is that I frequent the store so often that the assistant manager of the store (who also sold the Slim to me) just asked me how I was liking the Slim one day that I was just browsing to see what new games were in stock. I told him that I got the green screen and that the XMB movements had been lagging and he went to Google to see if there were any related issues posted. Of course, he didn't find any. Nonetheless, he just told me to bring it back when I could and he'd take it as an exchange and just say it was defective. I guess the same could have happened either way, being I also got the replacement plan on the system at purchase but I think there didn't need to be any actual "troubleshooting" done.
For my original PS3 40GB that I'd purchased from Best Buy, if I had an issue with the system, I'd have to take the system to Best Buy, leave it with the Geek Squad and they'd have to troubleshoot, experience the same problem and then replace the system...that's with the replacement plan-from what the representative explained to me. That sucks, although, I NEVER had a problem with my 40GB PS3.
Friday, I took my PS3 Slim back to Sony Style and exchanged for a brand new system. I did find out that the replacement plan isn't registered to a specific PS3 system but actually shows where the system was actually purchased and something about the inventory. Hopefully, this system will not give me the system issues that I experienced with the first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have you had any issues with the new system?
ReplyDelete